1.     +1   -1

A_STARA_STARA_STARA_STARA_STARA_STARA_STAR

Group
    Pokécrediti

Status
    Anonymous

Pokemon Gold- The Glitch Dimension

CITAZIONE
    A simple how-to-do video on the Glitch Dimension.

This glitch can be exploited in Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver, but not Pokemon Crystal.

I claim no ownership to Pokemon Gold, The Glitch Dimension or anything else that can be found in this video.

I own only the video, nothing else.

WARNING!

The glitch displayed in this video can potentially corrupt and/or destroy your game. I am not responsible for any loss of data or destruction this glitch may cause.
    Categoria:

Intrattenimento
    Tag:
    Pokemon PKMN Gold Silver Glitch Dimension Vermillion City

SPOILER (click to view)
    Does the Ho-oh being in full color on the title also happen with Lugia in Silver version?

SalamenceCommander 1 sett. fa

Rispondi

I think so.
    Catlover234 1 sett. fa

I wonder what color could have the red Gyarados in the Glitch dimension.........
    DoubleGee94 1 sett. fa

I knew that Missingo was hiding behind Machoke.
    darkof 3 sett. fa

Ah remember this glitch...

FlyingTurtleBomb 1 mese fa

This happened to me when I was young. I dropped my GBA, and the colours went funny.

I've heard the game will glitch up whenever you look at your coin case after hearing any pokemon call. For example, listening to a call from the Pokedex, then using the coin case.
    dubstepgamer 1 mese fa

the inverted color glitch happens on some old or poorly developed pc games too
    shoyrumaster11 1 mese fa

2:40

Nobody likes Jigglypuff singing.
    InsaneRaider23 1 mese fa

Welcome to Moonside. Welside to Mooncome. Melsime to Wooncode.
    bijoukaiba 2 mesi fa

Oh, wow. A comment reference that actually makes sense. Don't see a lot of those on this site.

So, did you play EarthBound or just watch the video walkthroughs? I played it and loved it. That's right, a kid from my generation actually played EarthBound.

It was probably one of the best SNES games ever. Too bad that was only realized ten years after it came out.

I wonder how many other people are gonna get this reference without reading my comment or looking it up.
    Catlover234 2 mesi fa

@Catlover234 I played Earthbound - granted, it was on an emulator - and I liked it very much. I had seen the LP videos prior, but I liked them so much I knew I had to find some way to play it. After all, they aren't exactly selling SNES anymore.
    bijoukaiba 2 mesi fa

I'd buy EarthBound if they released it on Virtual Console, but what are the chances of that happening?

I hate this copyright war. EarthBound's not gonna be released on Virtual Console because of it and the entertainment monopoly can legally search and destroy your things.

Take SecuRom. What a dumb idea.

SecuRom destroyed my laptop's disc drive and motherboard and installed a rootkit that got me hacked. If the entertainment industry wants me to buy their stuff, they shouldn't screw me over.
    Catlover234 2 mesi fa

on the road to olivine, the first trainer you battled, it aged after you killed his pokemon! lol
    esiegs4495 2 mesi fa

welcome to the shiny world, where normal pokemon are very rare
    BlackDewn 2 mesi fa

I've done this on my Gold cartridge years ago for shits and giggles. It's just a harmless graphics glitch and had no lingering ill-effects on the game. What's likely happening here is that the game upon resetting believes itself to be running on a classic Game Boy (and this can be proven by attempting to use Mystery Gift while under the effects of this glitch) because it skipped a lot of its normal boot routines that determines the system it is running on.
    Cinj216 2 mesi fa

@Cinj216 And secondly, the crash likely corrupted the portion of memory dealing with color. Since, of course, the game believes itself to be running on a normal Game Boy, it doesn't bother clearing or correcting this memory and yet still the game will display color, albeit incorrectly. Of course, this part here is my own speculation (and possibly incorrect), but the first part of my explanation is generally accepted as fact among those who dabble in these glitches.
    Cinj216 2 mesi fa

And back to normal?

albertosiver 2 mesi fa

LOL

albertosiver 2 mesi fa

In the german version this doesn't work :(
    Psyblader501 2 mesi fa

wouldn't it have been easier taking the train at goldenrod?
    EwSirName 2 mesi fa

I had just started the game and didn't even have the first badge. You need to have at least beaten the Elite Four to take the train.
    Catlover234 2 mesi fa

i love how it actually shows ho-oh instead of the silhouette.
    VlackDrack2 2 mesi fa

Awww, the game got a tummy ache.
    SuperSkeletonGirl 3 mesi fa

the young kid turned old
    Zsandra822 3 mesi fa

forget red garados i want red lapras!
    Garofalo14 3 mesi fa

2:24 where lapras actually looks like the color of its menu sprite.
    TheBlaziken437 4 mesi fa

2:30 omg the rarest lapras of all lmfao!!!
    666slipknotsic1 5 mesi fa

how u walk through things?
    psybombs 5 mesi fa

Gameshark Code.
    Catlover234 5 mesi fa

@Catlover234 ok thanks.
    psybombs 5 mesi fa

I tried to do this on the actual GameBoy, and it worked. Kinda - because on 4 out of 5 tries the game simply froze.
    CrS0CrashPL 6 mesi fa

0:48 young kid evolved into old fat man !!
    diegotigres95 7 mesi fa 4

where do you get your emulator? mac or PC?
    johnnymyers123 7 mesi fa

I use a PC. It's more compatible.
    Catlover234 7 mesi fa

I also discovered this a long time ago. When I knew that many people knew this trick also, I felt so dissapointed. But then I thought it was a pretty easy glitch to pull off, considering that the old man says that he needs money, so naturally you take a look at the coin case :P The way I used to do it was talking to the machop, then to the old man, then to the machop again.
    pepekong 7 mesi fa

um.when u battled the bird keeper it took so long that he turned ionto an old mann
    unknown5415 7 mesi fa 4

Yes, this is a real glitch. I did it on my Gold/Silver games.
    Jayfeather223 7 mesi fa

Does this glitch have any repercussions that you know of?
    johnnymyers123 7 mesi fa

I generally only do this on emulators. It goes away after resetting on emulators. I'm not sure about actual GameBoys.

I think it's just a graphics glitch.

Don't do it with a Dratini or Dragonair. That WILL mess up your coin case until you start as new game.
    Catlover234 7 mesi fa

Yay! Shiny Cyndaquil!
    TheBattleProductions 8 mesi fa

3:45

A shiny Pidgey! xD
    Masterofxtreme93 9 mesi fa

0:47

Bird Keeper grew up!
    mudkip11223 9 mesi fa

I've done this with my GBC game.
    Tr3vor42532 9 mesi fa

@Tr3vor42532 Does it hurt your gb color if you do that?
    TheBattleProductions 8 mesi fa

@TheBattleProductions No, I've done it many times over the 8 years I've had it, besides, what's the worst a glitched game can do to a GBC, So far, It has not hurt my game saves, so its harmless from what I've seen.
    Tr3vor42532 8 mesi fa

chuggaaconroy said this would happen!!!!!!
    jmhub9 9 mesi fa

@jmhub9 HAHAHA i love you!!!!! THATS WHY I LOOKED THIS VIDEO UP!!!! im subbing you for that
    Megnetic1994 9 mesi fa

:53

that musta been a long battle, cause he was a kid before and an old man after
    superepicawesomeness 9 mesi fa
    Č stato segnalato come spam mostra
    groundbeef2 9 mesi fa

I believe this is a hack for a few reasons...

1. You keep passing through fences, ridges, etc.

2. You changed the bird keeper into a hiker.

3. the music skips every now and then.
    groundbeef2 9 mesi fa

A hack is when you change the game code permanently. A cheat is when you change the code temporarily.

1. I used a Walk Through Walls code to demonstrate what you need to do. I'm not very far in the game, so WTW was necessary.

2. I don't know, might've been a side effect of the WTW code...

3. VBA isn't perfect in recording sound.

I've actually done this in my real Gold/Silver cartridges. They fixed it in Crystal.
    Catlover234 9 mesi fa 2

0:48 Young kid is evolving...

Congratulations!, your young kid evolved into an old pedophile!
    TheEztun 9 mesi fa 2

actually he didn't, this really happens!
    comradsausage23 9 mesi fa

I'm a girl...

But thanks anyway!
    Catlover234 9 mesi fa

@Catlover234 lol sorry, but u didn't use cheats right?
    comradsausage23 9 mesi fa

u straight out used cheats!!
    KIRBYSLAYERm14 10 mesi fa

I used cheats to get to the Coin Case and Machop. Nothing else.

If I had used cheats to force reset, then why can I do it on my REAL Gold AND Silver cartridges without a gameshark? Why is it listed under known cheats and glitches on Bulbapedia, Serebii and so many other official sites?

NINTENDO even knew about this and encouraged people not to do it.

If you're going to accuse someone of posting a fake glitch, at least do some research and prove it.

Otherwise, you just look stupid.
    Catlover234 10 mesi fa 4

the color changing s remind me of Pokemon yellow
    Kozuto10 10 mesi fa

0:46 omg, you totally turned that kid into a fat, old bum o_ o
    cresun 10 mesi fa 2

I think the GameShark did that...
    Catlover234 10 mesi fa

same can be done if your turning off the game boy when your trading.
    Olofman 10 mesi fa

its even worse then the doom demention, it turns bakugan into magikarps!
    glitchmastermario 11 mesi fa

Ho-oh's got some rockin' shades
    NekoBlaze014 11 mesi fa
    Č stato segnalato come spam mostra
    yourlilemogirl 1 anno fa

2:29 - OMG! A red Lapras! *-*

(I like blue color, but you turn into a Red Lapras when you Surf, so...)
    NessBrawl64 1 anno fa

Hey, did you know that in Crystal you ride a red Lapras if you play as a boy and a blue one if you play as a girl?

At least, I think that's right... Might have those colors reversed...
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

LoL,I didn't know that ^^

But I like the Red Lapras (though my favorite color is blue).
    NessBrawl64 1 anno fa

0:48 the young guy transformed into an old dude D:
    abbylan15 1 anno fa 19

TIME WARP!
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

2:02 Did you do the Blackthorn City Dratini glitch? I thought so :D
    HarvestmanMan 1 anno fa

Blackthorn City Dratini Glitch? I don't know that one. Will you tell me how to do it?
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

I think what happens is you talk to the Dratini in Blackthorn City, then use the Coin Case. The result either freezes the game or changes the number of coins to "which move?he PP of"

I can't do it, for I can only go to Blackthorn on my Silver, which is kinda lost right now. :/

Looks lke you'll have to find out.
    HarvestmanMan 1 anno fa

I actually looked it up after I asked. According to Bulbapedia, talking to the Dratini in Blackthorn causes your Coin Case to say "Which move?he PP of " permanently unless you turn your game off without saving.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

@Catlover234 U can just listen to a Dratini's cry on your Pokedex then look at you Coin Case over and over, like the Machop one but a different method. Check Bulbapedia for more info.
    OdnetninAdlez 11 mesi fa

You don't have to play the cry of that particular machop, you can also use machop's Pokédex entry's cry or a Pokémon with a similar cry like Omanyte.
    ChickasaurusRS 1 anno fa

Omanyte? Really? I usually choose Kabuto, so i don't know Omanyte's cry very well.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

@Catlover234 Strangely Omanyte's cry is exactly the same as Machop's, except with a different pitch so that explains it. You should experiment with different cries too, most do nothing to the coin case or crash the game though.
    ChickasaurusRS 1 anno fa

Just the pitch? That makes sense, seeing as a lot of the original 150 Pokemon used similar cries. I'm not sure, but I think Caterpie and Goldeen have the same cries.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

I think the game crash has more to do with the fact that the Machop is an "Object Event" rather than its cry...
    HarvestmanMan 1 anno fa

Do you ROM hack? You'd probably be great at it.

I'm ROM hacking Pokemon Ruby just to make it harder.

Just a thought, seeing as you seem to know a lot about events...
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

Nope, never ROM hacked in my life...

I've got an actual cart of Silver/Crystal, so I don't plan on using any memory tools or emulators anytime soon...

Also, there is an alternate way to do this. If you play Machoke's cry in the Pokedex and then use the coin case, the game goes into glitch dimension mode...which disproves my Object Event theory. -_'-
    HarvestmanMan 1 anno fa

@HarvestmanMan: I think I was one of the first to note the Object Event error, I discovered it when talking to Lance in the hall of fame room (as he is normally meant to start the normal cutscene) and later this weird 'No windows avail-able for popping' message. If you search for it on the glitch city laboratories forum you'll find my original article, I'm "Torchickens"
    ChickasaurusRS 1 anno fa

Oh, so you're Torchickens! I'm MrGlitch.

Do you have any video or pictures of the "No windows avail-able for popping!" glitch? I'm very curious about that.
    HarvestmanMan 1 anno fa

There are so much easier ways to do this like hitting your GameBoyColour or Having a faulty ds and the top screen has shit colour =.=
    WhenChickensStrike 1 anno fa

If you want to ruin your Gameboy or ds, then go ahead.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

everyone with r4 cards and cheats and pearl dont use walk trough wall cheat in union room because if you walk trough the wall and if you exit from under the exit warp panel then you go outside and then your character disapears . i did this by accident and all my data( all my lv. 100 pokemon gone) was gone i could n't escape

p.s. my english isnt very good im just from belgium...
    riolufan1997 1 anno fa

I have a Cyclo DS and an AceKard RPG and I have yet to try that. Not that it matters, I can try it later. :P
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

i always knew missingno was hard to defeat... but not that it would take so long that a man would become older p.s. i think dialga made a energyfield of time around you so you wouldnt get older
    riolufan1997 1 anno fa

I'm battling with no Pokemon. That's why it doesn't go into the actual battle sequence.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

An easier way to do this is to do the same trick with the Machoke in the basement of the Goldenrod Department Store, accessible by using the elevator.
    HarvestmanMan 1 anno fa

I know, I'm just showing the most popular way to do this.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

Never heard of this glitch, but, I wonder why the game resets itself when you look at your coin case after speaking to machop/machoke?
    pokemario6456 1 anno fa

I think it's something with Machop/Machoke's code. You can do it by listening to a Machop's cry in the Pokedex, too. Maybe the coding for the Coin Case and Machop/Machoke are just similar, causing the Glitch dimension. They're just guesses.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

I've done that with the Machoke under the Goldenrod city department store before.
    legomovieman94 1 anno fa

I think you can do it Machop and Machoke, not sure about Machamp.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

0:45 Old man transformation!
    MrCrowley292 1 anno fa 9

0:46-0:49 TIME WARP
    TheSean747 1 anno fa 3

Lol.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

I thought that just permanently froze the Game Clock? A friend of mine discovered this totally by accident. he was on his way to Celadon after talking to the Machop in order to try to win a Porygon and after he checked his coin case...
    MichaelKlump 1 anno fa

I'm not sure of the after-effects of the Glitch Dimension since I only go there on ROMs. I want to preserve my old G/S/C copies.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

Well, then you better check them because Gold and Silver carttridge batteries (and data) run out after six years due to the in-game clock . Mine died years ago. :(
    MichaelKlump 1 anno fa

I know. I just had the batteries replaced and I know how to do it again.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

Excuse me, Catlover234 but did you say that you replaced the batteries on your Gold/Sliver cartridge? You can do that? How??? My Gold is still okay, the last time I checked, but I want to know when the time comes how to fix it. Thank you and nice video! I've never heard of this glitch before!
    SweetieDemon 1 anno fa

Yeah! I just opened the back of the cartridge, used a mini soldering iron to get the old battery out and solder the new battery in. You have to be careful not to touch anything but the battery, though.

I read on a site somewhere that you need electrical tape, a mini soldering iron, a new battery and of course a small screwdriver to open the cartridge.

Can't remember the site, sorry.

Anyway, hope this helps!
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

3:22

Instead of favour I thought the guy said flavour!LOL
    themidwichcuckoo 1 anno fa

they turnd shiney
    deidara561 1 anno fa

No, actually they're just strange colors.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

did u use a gameshark
    deadmanwalking2010 1 anno fa

Yes, to get to Vermilion. But the Glitch Dimension can be reached without a GameShark.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

it works i used gameshark to get to the safria zone weird respaw and i will tell cheat
    wmecbear901 1 anno fa

Isn't it just walk through walls? I mean, the warp IS there...
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

lol, when going to olivine, the battle took so long he turned into an old man XD
    killette2 1 anno fa 2

Lol
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

why would you do this to your game?
    EuphoniumMaster96 1 anno fa

It's an ROM. Completely reusable. >_>
    mewis29 1 anno fa

Never mind, they fixed it in Crystal, I just double-checked
    Daniela591 1 anno fa

Mmkay.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

Emulator? Yeah, I have one as well.

What recording software did you use?
    Guardaviewer 1 anno fa

I used VBA's built in recorder.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

Thanks for telling me!

And all this time I didn't even know it existed on VBA..........
    Guardaviewer 1 anno fa

You're welcome. ^_^
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

They mostly fixed this in Crystal... all it does in Crystal is give the "Which move?the PP of" thing, IIRC...
    Daniela591 1 anno fa

Really? I didn't think it worked at all in Crystal.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

How did you keep Pokemon Gold up and running for 7 years?

I heard that after that time all your save data is erased and you game boy fails to keep track of the day and night feature.
    Guardaviewer 1 anno fa

This was recorded on an emulator. But, my real cartridges got their internal batteries replaced 2 years ago, so I'm good for another 3 years. And when they stop working, I'll just replace the batteries again.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

how do you replace the internal batteries because my sapphire 's battery stop
    EuphoniumMaster96 1 anno fa

If you get a message saying that internal battery has run dry, then you have the Berry Glitch. Connect with a FR/LG/E cartridge or Coliseum and put in the combo to restore it. Don't remember what the combo is, sorry.

Otherwise, open up the back of the cartridge and find the battery. Solder out the battery and replace it with a new one. I've only had experience doing this with GBC games, so I'm not sure how different this is.

Hope this helps!
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

That's true, but I've had my silver version for at least 9 years and I've still got my original save file... knock on wood. Of course I'm afraid that my game will be erased every time I turn the game on, and all my hard work will gone forever... but it hasn't happened yet!
    2009TNT 1 anno fa

I guess youtube messed up the reply thing. Oh well, that last post was in reply to Guardaviewer
    2009TNT 1 anno fa

Myn glitched to where all the spirtes were orange ( people and pokemon ) and the background and houseand ground were tinted gray like it was night time and when you would click on a house the lights would go out like as if the peeps were going to bed haah !!!
    BoomPatrol 1 anno fa

Sounds cool.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

you can drop your game cartridge while in the sp and it will reset. crazy colors
    Kotor2Mods 1 anno fa

I know. I just don't think it's as cool as the Glitch Dimension.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

0:48 - 0:50

I wonder how'd the guy turned bald in one flash of light?
    Pongo561 1 anno fa

Probably the fact that I'm using Gameshark. It might also be because I don't have any Pokemon.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

pongo561:

the light was radiation, so he got bald :P lol
    hihihipersons 1 anno fa 2

the colours are weird
    nobody008ful 1 anno fa

Glad to know people are still watching this. Even if I did mess it up.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

Didn't a guy throw his coin case down the drain and it ended up down there?
    SethG0ldenbl00d 1 anno fa

my friend smacked my sp when i was playing this and all the colours were f****d up
    goldenshadow55 1 anno fa

I did that with Ruby once. It was really weird.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

why would your friend smack your SP???
    KirbyY15 1 anno fa

What's with the flash when someone challenges you to a battle? If it was'nt video editing, maybe Beta Testers used that for skipping the battles...
    HankTheHedgehog 1 anno fa

Most of the time, when you put on the Wtw code, you automatically skip trainer battles and gyms, and when you skip a gym, you automatically get the badge.
    PhatStudent 1 anno fa

You Can Use any machop or machoke in the game
    virgil509 1 anno fa

this happened to me when i tilted my cartridge
    Shad0wPr0ducti0ns 1 anno fa

I should try that sometime.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

ok one question, how do you record video from VBA? I didnt know it could do that, or did you use other recording device? if so which one? thanks, nice vid btw
    kikegarz 1 anno fa

Go to Tools and select Record As AVI. Then VBA will record whatever you do until you go under Tools and select Stop Recording. If it's not there, then you probably need a newer version.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

shit i had no idea i could do that! thank u so much i owe u one man :)
    kikegarz 1 anno fa

Glad I could help.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

Do you have the NES Emulator and can it work on that?
    LysoltheFailCat 1 anno fa

I don't think GBA files work with the NES emulator.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

No, I was asking if NES games on the NES emulator can be recorded XD;
    LysoltheFailCat 1 anno fa

Oh. I'm not sure. I know Snes games can, but I'm not sure about Nes games.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

this must be on pc or something
    MetallicaSlipknotATR 1 anno fa

It's on PC. I used VBA to record and play it.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

i have pokemon crystal on my psp :D

which series do you think are best??

Red/Blue/Yellow Gold/Silver/Crystal Ruby/Saphire/Emerald Fire red/ Leaf Green/

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum?
    smilyfacekilla 1 anno fa

how do u get on psp
    want2playalilgame 1 anno fa

I don't think it's even possible to get it on PSP. These are NINTENDO games, not Sony.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

yes it is you wiseguy :D

There are psp emulators you may run if you have custom firmware (such as myself)

which isn't hard to get.

And then you can just download the emulator and .gba roms and TADAH!

dere yah go.

I have a SNES emulator (2 games) NES emulator (775 games) GMBA emulator (3games)

and Gameboy color emulator (2 games)
    smilyfacekilla 1 anno fa

plus if you want proof subscribe to me (wait)

and i have a video im gonna upload today or tommorow that shows me playing some shit on it
    smilyfacekilla 1 anno fa

It would have been nicer if you had just corrected me without the "wiseguy" comment. I don't own a PSP, so I don't know the possibilities for it.

I'm not asking for proof, either. I can always ask my friend who really into PSP if it's true or not.

Oh yeah, no swearing on the videos. I'm trying to run a family-friendly channel.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

sorry XD

by the way

i said "wiseguy"

because my friend and i call each other that alot :P
    smilyfacekilla 1 anno fa

Okay.
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

I remember having a ? item in my gold...and when i tried to delete it it multiplied...anyone knows what that was??
    AlexKntgns 1 anno fa

Maybe it was a glitch?
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

srry that the question i posted is off topic
    jellywithgunz 2 anni fa

heyy, i just got pokemon blue and im wonderin if i should catch missingno... id like to see my game being messed up but not permenetly... any suggestions?
    jellywithgunz 2 anni fa

Don't catch Missingno. It messes up your game even if you don't save.

Being off topic is fine as long as it isn't chain letters.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

if you mean not permenently then catch it but it will corrupt your data so that you have to delete it and start over. i did it in pokemon d/p and i regretted it but i had a backup thank god!
    sunderkeenin 1 anno fa

I corrupted my Pearl with AR codes. I didn't have a backup at the time. : (
    Catlover234 1 anno fa

I remember the inverted color shit happened to me when I was little...
    Harborx 2 anni fa

I think it's kinda cool. I only had Crystal for a really long time and couldn't do the glitch. Now that I actually own a Gold and Silver, I'm a little concerned with screwing them up, so I use ROMs to do potentially risky things like The Glitch Dimension, Glitch City, etc.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

When you save,and turn off your GAME BOY (i use GBA) will the colors be gone?
    dudeycome 2 anni fa

hahahahaha nop
    inucharm 2 anni fa

they'll be there? O--o
    dudeycome 2 anni fa

I actually have no idea whether or not the colors stay. I wouldn't save, just in case. Do you Remember Glitch City? If you saved without a Pokemon that knew Fly, you were stuck until you started over.

Don't save and it goes away.

On a totally unrelated topic, I found out that running into M in Red even without saving causes your Hall Of Fame to be messed up. I learned ten years late, too.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

the problem is,'M is more of a VIRUS than a glitch,it can causs HoF to corrupt (Dur lol) and if you have it in your pack it may send your pokemon to GLITCH CITY!!!!...
    dudeycome 2 anni fa

Oh well, I wanted to start over in Red, anyway. Hang on, Glitch City? COOL! I'm gonna run into it and catch it this time. Then I'm gonna go to Glitch City and see if I can find my Pokemon or if they got deleted.

I must really like screwing my games up. : )
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

Same thing happens with pokemon G/S MissingNo,it goes to Glitch City
    dudeycome 2 anni fa

What, Gold and Silver, too? AWESOME!
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

lol the sound also has been delayed
    b8mb8 2 anni fa

VBA doesn't have perfect recording.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

It looks like pokemon red and blue outside! LOL
    DragonzGuitar1 2 anni fa

Never thought about it that way, but now that you mention it, it kinda does.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

I had this happen without talking to the machop
    Gameguru912 2 anni fa

Really? How?
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

Hmmmm...interesting indeed.
    BlakDragon1 2 anni fa

I like glitches, so I posted this.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

why would u do this if it screws ur game
    777skulls777 2 anni fa

I don't know if it screws up the game. I assumed it MIGHT, but I'm not sure. It's a fun glitch, though.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

OMG The guy at 0:47 turned in a fat man °_°
    Gabroldo 2 anni fa 3

^_^
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

lol
    xIxbuddyxIx 2 anni fa

Catlove234 Just Go To Your Cabin Put On Your Walk Thru Walls And Then Walk To The Blackness And Then Your In The Glitch Dimension!!!
    theshannon14 2 anni fa

It's CatloveR234. Not Catlove234. This video was made to show people how to NORMALLY get to the Glitch Dimension. I used GameShark because it's faster.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

I Was Just Telling U Another Way Becuz Theirs Two Different Ways The One I Said And The One You Showed. And Also I Know Where The Glitch Town Is :D
    theshannon14 2 anni fa

Glitch Town? Does that even exist in normal gameplay? I mean, can you access it without a gameshark?
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

No....Idkk I Only Got There By Gameshark

Ill Make Video If Ya Wanna See But Not Right Now Since My Quick Cam Is Messed Up Ima Try Now Hypercam 2 Unregistered But Ill Get It Up As Soon As Possible
    theshannon14 2 anni fa

Okay.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

Aaaaaaugh! I tried this! I messed up mah game! No, just kidding, I'll never try this if it destroys your game!!!!
    cublovers 2 anni fa

I said it MAY destroy your game. I don't think you can actually get stuck in it like you could with Glitch City in R/B/Y.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

NOTHING IS COMMON IN DICK WERLD!
    TehSimsFtw 2 anni fa

It's only a glitch.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

good times 5 years ago lol
    mjtm77 2 anni fa

Yeah...
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

what the? my pokemon just got haircuts is that guy nuts!
    haydengames3 2 anni fa

What?
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

look what the guy says the 2nd one
    haydengames3 2 anni fa

Oh. That IS a little weird of you're trying for a battle cry, I guess.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

better way no really this is possible just drop the gba/gbc
    TheWingedGodOfTerror 2 anni fa

Really... I can believe that, but that gets your game seriously messed up. Trust me, I've dropped my GBC/GBA tons of times.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

red lapras lol
    dragon432104 2 anni fa

What's wrong with a red Lapras?
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

oh man lol when you face the trainers that sound is so funny!
    bapjap 2 anni fa

What's so weird about it?
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

idk it sounds weird and freaky idk i can't really describe it
    bapjap 2 anni fa

Mmkay.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

when i did it it went back to normal after i turn it off
    pokemoncenternewyork 2 anni fa

I figured out that the color changed after making this video, but thanks, for the info!
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

i did this too by luck because my cartrige has a lot of games and 1 of them is pokemon gold i forgot to use it for a long time and this weird colour glitch happened swt and nice
    daisukexrisa 2 anni fa

Oh, you have a flashcart? Sounds like a weird glitch.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

sweet
    ChrisRosenfeldt 2 anni fa

^_^
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

no, the cheats used in this vid wont affect the glitch result, i knowed it before watching this and i think what is the first vid about it, there are otehr for pokemon crystal what the girl got boy color and boy girl color (blue and red)
    SyncTheWolf 2 anni fa

The cheats don't matter. I was just using them to speed things up. Glitch still works.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

Blue hp bar :O
    orgitina 2 anni fa

Cool, huh>?
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

Now that pidgey was not a shiny, it's a Ultra-Color-Shiny-Pidgey-And some more things.
    MadraDot 2 anni fa

It was a reversed-color Pidgey...
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

wtf 0:47-0:50 the dude changes O_O
    Cur92mcg 2 anni fa

I know. Weird, huh?
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

Why does he? O_o
    MadraDot 2 anni fa

No idea.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

Might it have something to do with the fact that you used cheats to skip battles and walk through walls?
    Gawaxay 2 anni fa

i did something in emerald i put celebi´s cheat my game reset and all people,pokemon and i turn invisible
    adolfoadolfo09 2 anni fa

Cool!
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

this glitch is fun, don't u think?
    rainechoo 2 anni fa

Yeah!
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

Can I ask what GBC emulator you used? And did you record using the emulator or HyperCam?

Sorry for all the questions. xD
    Rasetstu 2 anni fa

I used Visual Boy Advance. It's got a built in recorder. useful for making videos like this.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

my game started changing colors like yours and it didnt mess up my game
    jiggajuice1 2 anni fa

So it doesn't mess up the game...

I thought it might mess up the game because it's an ingame glitch like Glitch City.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

i didnt use any cheats

i was using the ac-adapter for the gba for the gbc and it reseted but it didnt mess up my game
    jiggajuice1 2 anni fa

How weird.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

Dead savegame batt. My gold did the same to me.
    dashwarts 2 anni fa

I replaced all my G/S/C batteries last year.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

My previous comment was a broken reply to jiggajuice... Youtube does that to me a lot... Sorry about the confusion.
    dashwarts 2 anni fa

It's okay.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

PLEASE REPLY, how do you walk through the walls?, PLEASE REPLY
    yoyodude55 2 anni fa

Here the GameShark Code for Walk Through Walls for Gold/Silver:

010AA3CE 010AA4CE 010AA5CE 010AA6CE

Don't worry about me replying. I "moderate" my videos.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

i did somthing like that on my pokemon blue same colars and no pokemon in my party all deleted!
    Proice1 2 anni fa

Really? You mean Glitch City?

I haven't heard of that happening, but with the old games, it's very possible.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

no not gluch city its just colors like blue green red ect will come on my screen no not glich city
    Proice1 2 anni fa

103 fav song in the whole game
    narutoafgoku 2 anni fa

What?
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

i like the johto region i hope they remake it
    bscc89 2 anni fa 2

Me too! Nintendo should redo G/S/C instead of making totally new games.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

oh yeah. gold/silver/crystal was the only game set with johto and i really miss it.
    mooglegirl3 2 anni fa

I bought a Pokemon Gold with the internal battery ran dry. DX

Since then it's happened to another Gold version, and a Blue.
    HelloKimii 3 anni fa

Ohh. Why does Nintendo torture us with weak, lifeless batteries? WHY?
    Catlover234 3 anni fa

my ruby's battery is dead
    mooglegirl3 2 anni fa

Which one? The one that makes berries stop growing or the save state one?
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

the one that makes berries stop growing. it also makes trainers stop asking you for rematches and you can't get daily stuff like people who give you berries.
    mooglegirl3 2 anni fa

Oh. Well, do you have a FireRed, LeafGreen or Emerald cartridge? If you link to one of those, FR/LG/EM will detect and fix the bug. You have to push a button combo on the start screen, but I can't remember what it is.

I hear that Pokemon Collaseum fixes it, too.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

don't have any of those ;_; that's ok. i don't really mind. don't play ruby much anymore anyway.
    mooglegirl3 2 anni fa

why did the bird-trainer's sprite change?
    PlayxBall 3 anni fa

It's a glitch. I'm not sure if it's the game or my gamshark.
    Catlover234 3 anni fa

Does anyone know what the hell i'm suppose to do when my files keep getting corrupted?? i first had Silver, but the file keep getting corrupted, so i bought Gold, and now i have the same problem...but no one else seem to have that problem, i've never had that problem with my "blue" or "sapphire" either.
    DrKarlJansBanan 3 anni fa

No swearing please!

Do you use Gameshark or Action Replay? They can corrupt your file if you use them enough.

How long did you have Silver? I know the battery goes dry and stops saving after about 5 years.

Canb you tell me what this problem does?
    Catlover234 3 anni fa

well that's basically, it won't save my progress. I bought Silver in 2001 so it's 6 years old, and i bought Gold last year from a friend, i don't know how old that one is but my guess is that it's pretty old too...So i guess there is nothing more to do about it?

Oh. Gold, Silver and Crystal stop saving when the internal battery dies. You might be able to get the battery replaced. All you need is a new battery, a screwdriver and a mini soldering iron. I think you have to un-solder the old battery and put the new one in. Or you could ask someone who has experience to do it.

A teacher at my school fixed my copies of Gold, Silver and Crystal. I think he used to work at a hardware store.
    Catlover234 3 anni fa

Sounds kinda like a screwup, giving the games such a weak internal battery, especially since it's such a popular game...Anyway, thanks for your help, i'll see what i can do and i hope things'll work out! Thanks

I think Nintendo was going for a cheap battery and didn't realize the mistake until the product was officailly discontinued. And you're right, it is a popular game. I think Nintendo should do a remake of these, like they did with R/B/Y.
    Catlover234 3 anni fa

All early game cartridges have the internal battery and those batteries weren't weak they are the same batteries most GB cartridges use. Though most GB cartridges don't have a clock zapping the energy 24/7.

Nintendo knew the batteries were going to die unless they were pretending the problem didn't exist. Way before GSC batteries died there were sites all over the net on how to replace Nes and SNES batteries since they died way before the GB cartridges started doing it.
    ThepowerofPika 2 anni fa

If Nintendo knew, I wonder why they continued to use the batteries. I hate it when componies do that. Acting like they're the best in the world.

This is the reason emulators exist.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

It might have been because flash chips were very expensive back then and it was more cost effective to work with batteries. By the time GBA came out flash chips/card dropped in price because flash saving was actually getting popular with other things. The battery only controls time in most games for GBA. It's like how DS cards don't fit much (1Gb(gigabit)=128MB)but it's possible to get 1GB (gigbyte)1024MB)flash cards but money wise it isn't cost effective so we're stuck with the smaller cards.=/
    ThepowerofPika 2 anni fa

Oh. So Nintendo replaced the battery in the newer games. That's why the my Ruby version hasn't lost track of the game... Even though I shark it so bad that it deletes my save data all the time.
    Catlover234 2 anni fa

@DrKarlJansBanan- It's the internal battery that makes the game save. It's dead, and you won't be able to save on that silver, EVER again. It's hapened to BOTH my Gold and Silver.
    WiinolikePS3 3 anni fa

It'll save if you canget the battery replaced.
    Catlover234 3 anni fa

did anyone notice that ho-oh was wearing sunglasses at 2:56?
    PokeRemixStudio 3 anni fa

I think that's just Ho-Oh's face. Sure looks like he's wearing sunglasses though!
    Catlover234 3 anni fa

weird
    adude2525 3 anni fa

Yeah, it is weird.
    Catlover234 3 anni fa

If you save in the "Glitch Dimension" and turn the game off, are the colors still inverted and messed up or does this fix the glitch?
    SuperDUPERGary 3 anni fa

I'm not sure. It might, but I wouldn't save. It might be like Glitch City in R/B/Y. You save without a flying Pokemon and you're stuck. Team Rocket's Rockin might have more info then I do.
    Catlover234 3 anni fa

At first, the trainer at :45 was a little boy.

After the battle, he became old and fat. XD
    MegamawMeh 3 anni fa

I was wondering when someone would point that out. How did happen anyway? Maybe he got caught in a time warp that moved so fast we couldn't see it...
    Catlover234 3 anni fa

Yeah, I never noticed that before in my playthrough.

XD
    MegamawMeh 3 anni fa

Does that happen in normal gameplay? I was using Gameshark to speed things up. I'm not sure if I beat that trainer in my cartidge copy of Gold. Or even if I got that far yet.

^_^
    Catlover234 3 anni fa

For me? Thanks :D i owe you one when my Moiniter starts working right again.:3
    sailorsillystars 3 anni fa

You like it? I wanted to make a video you would like. Thanks for the comment. I appriciate it.
    Catlover234 3 anni fa

0 replies since 2/4/2011, 06:39   139 views