1.     +1   -1

A_STARA_STARA_STARA_STARA_STARA_STARA_STAR

Group
    Pokécrediti

Status
    Anonymous

Let's Play Pokémon Emerald - Part 73

CITAZIONE
    IMPORTANT NEWS! Starting with the next video, any attempt, successful or failed, at claiming the first comment will result in an instant ban. I've given out so many warnings in the past that everyone should know it's forbidden, yet part 72 shattered new records. So from now on, it's zero tolerance. And I do mean zero.

And no, for those of you who were hoping I'd confirm the Platinum LP... not yet. It's still too early, I'm about halfway done with this game.

I did follow up on my promise of explaining how to water berries properly, though... and since I may not have been completely clear, for those of you who aren't sure if it's every 6 hours for every berry or the total time divided by four, it's the latter. So if you plant a 72-hour berry, you have to water it once every 18-hour period.

In the "what if" department for today... what if Strength was Fighting? Please let it happen!

Edit: It seems getting more comments, regardless of the content, is a pretty big deal to some people... I'm not among them. Quality over quantity, always. If one day I miss the 50-comment mark because of rule enforcement... at least the rules will be enforced, which is way more important.
    Categoria:

Giochi
    Tag:
    Let's Play LP Pokémon Pokemon Emerald

SPOILER (click to view)
    I'm curious, is Gulpin any good? I might use it if I ever get Emerald.
    BakuMamX 6 mesi fa

Swalot's a bad Muk, and Muk hardly qualifies as good. I'd pass if I were you. The only mono-Poison anyone should ever consider is Weezing.
    Slowflake 6 mesi fa

u mean the website u said on 4:58 i dont know how to spell but i know who made the website i never knew this website will be this famus
    RockPop1337 7 mesi fa

hey im watching your videos becuse it is just fun to be watching walk throghs and play the game on your pc

2344pokemonmaster 7 mesi fa

I just think i figured out what would be good if sharpen claws could be used with mega kick. That's actually one of the things that I think would be good for both sharpen claws and mega kick.
    WEREWOLF1MOON 10 mesi fa

Mega Kick's type would need to change though, else it'd remain fundamentally useless.
    Slowflake 10 mesi fa

@Slowflake Yeah. That's what i forgot to mention :P Oh just to say...I wish I had emerald right now instead of ruby. Because I noticed that in emerald it's like a freaking EXP fest. I have 4 pokemon too, and my pokemon are like 6-7 levels lower than yours. I'm fighting all the wilds and trainers yet I still can't seem to get my levels up to far:P
    WEREWOLF1MOON 10 mesi fa

"You're the one who assaulted me from behind!"
    Tirgo69 10 mesi fa

if u get 100 parts are u going to have special?
    willydadog2 10 mesi fa

Considering I didn't do anything special in Crystal, no.
    Slowflake 10 mesi fa

if i have a team of four in the mid 20s and i just beat the 3rd gym am i under-leveled
    ZombieGlItChEs101 10 mesi fa

Not that much. Don't run from any fights and don't use repels, and you'll never have that problem, except for those fights like Emerald Steven or GSC/HGSS Red where the level gap is massive no matter what you do, of course.
    Slowflake 10 mesi fa

what about aura sphere 90 power always hits
    TEKDEE 10 mesi fa

@TEKDEE Aura Sphere is hardly widely accesible. I wish it was so maybe Gardevoir could learn it, but sadly it's restricted to Lucario, Togekiss, and a couple of Legendaries I think.
    IndigoDarkflame 10 mesi fa

FIR.................... oh. GOD DAMN IT
    Wubzy100 10 mesi fa

I would hope they have bdody slam do more damage the higher your wheight in generation 5.
    megaepicname 10 mesi fa

I want to see rain dance actually do some damage to fire type and rock type, while still powering water moves...

Right?
    anthonyszy7 10 mesi fa

No. Rain's already the best weather in the game, we don't need it to do even MORE.
    Slowflake 10 mesi fa

lol *burp* ops i kida burped a lettle xD PS: where are you from you accent is hilerious
    angelothelper 10 mesi fa

Quebec.
    Slowflake 10 mesi fa

mmk
    angelothelper 10 mesi fa

why does everyone think black and white is racist....
    EpicBubbles1 10 mesi fa

I don't think anyone thinks that, everyone FEARS people will think that.
    Slowflake 10 mesi fa

I agree the "firsts" were getting out of hand.
    Jeebiaja 10 mesi fa

how to grow your berrys lol
    germanrolandocepeda 10 mesi fa

they should change rock smash into rock typeand give all hms more power so poeple would actually use them. if rock smash just had 75 power id use it.
    sizzorfan 10 mesi fa

I think that new girl sprite looks like Misty, JUST WAY MORE BITCHIER!!!!

Have you guys seen those new starters?they'r cool i like specially Mijumaru and Tsutsaji....BUT POKABU LOOKS WAY TO SIMPLE FOR A FIFTH GENERATION!?

to mee it looks like a fire-type Turtgwig with nub.....stupid....
    FalcnPWNCH 10 mesi fa

I fail to see how a pig with donkey ears is even remotely close to a turtle with a twig on its head, but whatever floats your boat.
    Slowflake 10 mesi fa

why what's wrong with saying thirst?
    livejimmyduckegg 10 mesi fa

will you be doing a let's play Soul Silver since it's rather deeper and complex than G/S/C
    shabaz82189 10 mesi fa

FIR..... oh wait F*CK!!!!!!!!
    Wubzy100 10 mesi fa

What about pokemon you would like to see in black/white? For instance, what do you think of them finally creating a fire/dragon type? I mean seriously, of all the dragon type combinations, why is it that they haven't done a fire/dragon? I mean it's the most obvious type combination and they haven't done one. WTF
    musicalmike235 10 mesi fa

@musicalmike235

wouldn't that be salamence be fire/dragon?
    kzhang1234 10 mesi fa

@kzhang1234 no, salamence is dragon/flying
    musicalmike235 10 mesi fa

@musicalmike235

okay then, i guess there is none
    kzhang1234 10 mesi fa

maybe they'll raise strengths power to like 85 or 90 like they did with fly or give it a secondary effect like they did with waterfall
    charizardoreo 10 mesi fa

they should also make rock climb a rock type move in black and white but i still think nintendo is going racist on everyone :(
    Pokefan1470 10 mesi fa

Rock Climb doesn't involve flinging rocks like Rock-type moves, though, you're just... well, climbing them. Same for Rock Smash, you blow up rocks to pieces, hence why it's fighting.
    Slowflake 10 mesi fa

y are u so overleveled and y do u have so many parts

u should be around 35-40
    PokemonUltraAce 10 mesi fa

Maybe they could upgrade Rock Smash to a decent Fighting move. That way a Rock Smash slave wouldn't be absolutely useless in combat.

And there's something else most people will disagree with, but it's still something weird. Body Slam has a base power of 85, no matter which pokemon uses it. But shouldn't a Body Slam of a Golem be more powerful than a Body Slam of a Nidoran? With Low Kick they've already shown us that weight can be used to calculate damage.
    Feratrox 10 mesi fa

I'd like Body Slam to remain the way it is, and it has nothing to do with logic - before they changed Low Kick, it was completely useless, whereas Body Slam is one of the best Normal moves out there. Now, if they could make a brand new move that works that way...
    Slowflake 10 mesi fa

I think that maybe it was supposed to be at first place like that it would do the damage as much as the user has weight but some pokemon are just way too heavy so it would be way OVERPWNing, just think about if snorlax would use it?

damage would be FUCKING 1041!!!THAT COULD KILL ENYTHING!!! so maybe the original plan was too powerful
    FalcnPWNCH 10 mesi fa

i am replaying the gen3 games for my heart gold game to collect the version exclusives
    rhonddaboy13 10 mesi fa

I would love Strength to be fighting it would be cool
    joedub2218 10 mesi fa

why does everyone hate first commenters, i think that people who comment first can be viewed as a compliment because the people who do it look at there subscriptions and want to be the first person to comment because their a fan of the videos, and besides it just one comment, i don't it will be annoying unless you want it to be
    DrPhilip91 10 mesi fa

@DrPhilip91 Because people who put "First" act like it's some great accomplishment. Or act like someone actually cares. When you comment you're suppose to comment about the video, not some undeserved sense of accomplishment.
    legendofzelda185 10 mesi fa

ahaha in the begginning when you fight the bug maniac who says he insists and you say no you insist and you say 'geesh' was that on purpose or are you trying to say geez and sheesh? xD
    Offerthetuna 10 mesi fa

Aww, man this is the big announcement? Well, it makes sense, you said it won't affect most of the people commenting on your channel, and it's definitely a good idea. Still got my fingers crossed for that Platinum LP, though!
    oxharemonkey 10 mesi fa

I agree about Strength: just by the name you'd think of it as a Fighting move, besides most people use Body Slam (if they can be bothered breeding chains) for a powerful Normal move with the bonus of a potential Paralysis.

and i dont blame you for blocking people who want to claim the first comment for a video: a pretty childish factor in most of our opinions, wonder how it'll work out: hopefully potentially well...
    PhoenixHelix 10 mesi fa

yay safari zone!!!! btw I H8 breeders!!! too many pokemon just for a quick battle
    iflipedupflipvideo55 10 mesi fa

I think your strength idea might be a little much, many pokemon can learn strength that didn't have access to any fighting moves at all. If all those pokemon had fighting moves, it would unbalance the game
    offtheheazy6 10 mesi fa

I doubt it. Remember when they made the elemental punch tutors? Literally everything that could punch could learn them, giving lots of Pokémon type coverage they didn't have access to before. So if they can give the punches widespread usage, the effect of Strength turning Fighting would not be excessive. Especially not at just 80 power.
    Slowflake 10 mesi fa

I think you're forgetting about sky uppercut. Despite it's accuracy.
    ilikmiself 10 mesi fa

Yeah, but five Pokémon learn it. That kind of learnbase is negligeable compared to Strength or Brick Break. Besides, Strength still has better damage output than Sky Uppercut.
    Slowflake 10 mesi fa

FIR- *Ban Hammer*

lol...eh, i think if strength should be fighting...it makes sense cause you're using "strength" to move rocks when you use it in the field...just my opinion tho
    MrPhoGen 10 mesi fa

Lol what if they make strength a rock type move becuase in the gen 2 games it looks like the pokemon picks up a rock and throws it at the foe?

Becuase Strength on gyarados as a rock move might get rid of stone edge on most of them and strength might be the only 100% accuracy rock move that is actully usefulll. But idk.
    XxZer0XDarknessxX 10 mesi fa

They changed the way Strength looks considerably since then, though.
    Slowflake 10 mesi fa

Do you do any competitive battling? Like on the TSG forums or gamefaqs message boards? :)
    Pikminion 10 mesi fa

thanks for the information on the berries whenever I planted them I would only water them once. Now I can have all my POKéMON holding berries.
    Jordan1893 10 mesi fa

Man, I hate it when people type "FIRST!!!" every fucking time someone uploads a video. Who fucking cares if you're the first commenter?
    Deliciousfruit233 10 mesi fa

At least you have a comment mark... i dont get any usually.
    Browncurse 10 mesi fa

Question for Slowflake:

Does it still count as banned if people are obviously doing it to mock the people who say really say "First!" ?
    AklyonX 10 mesi fa

@AklyonX

I think the rule is quite clear: just don't do it. Your intentions don't matter, especially on a place like the Internet where said intentions are not so easily readable.
    AtrumMucro 10 mesi fa

Considering the "obviously" part is rather difficult to catch on to, probably. Just don't do it, that's all.
    Slowflake 10 mesi fa

first.
    SuperSeppie 10 mesi fa

Can I assault you from behind slowflake? ;)
    ShadowSam13 10 mesi fa

god damn slowflake you sound like my teacher
    southpark4544 10 mesi fa

Fact: Slaking has Truant as its ability. The question is, if Slaking used moves like Focus Punch (ie moves that require a charge up turn beforehand), would Slaking attack on the second turn like a non-Truant Pokemon would, or would it skip its turn?
    MegaHistorybuff 10 mesi fa

Focus Punch attacks at the end of the first turn, not on the second, so it would work.
    Slowflake 10 mesi fa

well now people r only doing cause u said that ur gunna ban them cause there trying to be funny and thinking there smart cause u told them not to and there just sooooo bad ass cause they place a first coment on the vid and nice vid lol
    LongAndrei 10 mesi fa

I think that's a great idea. But I wish it would work. There are still going to be people who type first, who probably don't even watch the video or want to. At least there will be less and less.
    amazinglyawesomeo 10 mesi fa

I'm thinking it'll work, especially if I get people to make examples out of quickly. When I stopped deleting those comments and pointed them out instead I saw the effect almost instantly. And then my viewership exploded (due to Chugga no less), and now we ended back up at square one.
    Slowflake 10 mesi fa

I didn't find you through chugga it was actually through related videos and I liked your work so I subbed.
    Aarym2 10 mesi fa

About time I say. I'd rather have a higher general of intelligence in these LP's commentary sections rather than a bunch of frothing idiots babbling about nothing. *looks at chuggaconroy's fanbase*

I come here to hear insightful commentary on one of my favorite game series and look to the comments section to add to that, not having to sort through a bunch of "LOL FIRST I R SPESHUL" type nonsense. Youtube's comments are glitchy eough without having that stuff clogging tings up.
    SephirothVsKratos 10 mesi fa

Let idiots be idiots. Its only more comments. Comments are good, spam or not.
    bigs8888 10 mesi fa

I honestly don't care about comment volume. Quality over quantity, and all that stuff.
    Slowflake 10 mesi fa

@Slowflake Yeah, but this is Youtube, its about the quantity. The qualitity doesn't matter. You want views and comments, even if they are ass spam. Youre videos dont even need to be great, just build a fan base and make all the crap you want. All your fans will still watch. Just look at Fred, he is crap, but he still have millions of views a day. I hate those people.... Dont ever make crap videos.
    bigs8888 10 mesi fa

I never know that about berries before, probably since I only ever use berries so I don't have to buy status healers.
    Baritocity 10 mesi fa

17th comment
    Jmanstar171996 10 mesi fa

139 nth ha-ha you guys are so serious i mean honestly calm down i know the three hundred first claims are anoying but banding people thats like blaming people for being stupid there gonna do it anyway just calm down i mean honestly might as well ditch a pupy at the pound because he left you a present anyway would you rather have strength as a fighting move or just ditch the move itself my defense is ditch the HM and just remove the boulders
    cirv0 10 mesi fa

Why would you wanna be the first comment anyway? It's not like everyone will see it unless they randomly say, "Hmm, I wonder what the first comment was!" But who would do that when the majority of them are "lol yay 1st comemnt11!!!"

Also, Strength would be better as a fighting move. I probably wouldn't mind using it in in-game movesets, actually.
    StreetReach 10 mesi fa

Well, this is a fairly common practice (somehow) that branches far outside of YouTube, and into other sites where the first thing people will see is some moron who thinks he's cool for getting the first comment on something.
    Slowflake 10 mesi fa

Fighting type moves are awesome
    ShadowSam13 10 mesi fa

Hey Great video dude :)
    Sethfink1235 10 mesi fa

LOL LPfanatic got owned.
    iAlanStoriez 10 mesi fa

nice video emerald was a pretty good game
    SuperSonic1497 10 mesi fa

I have never understood why Mega Punch and Kick were normal in the first place... What were they thinking? I mean read the name of the move!

Also, I agree with banning those pesky "Firsters". They are always so annoying on every video I see.
    yoshiroks777 10 mesi fa

What's so bad about someone saying "first" in a comment? All it does is get you more comments. If you ban everyone that say it, then a newcomer will come around and see that nobody has posted "first," and might post it... Just a thought.
    Icyytouch 10 mesi fa

Awsome Vid Bro
    6195Blaze 10 mesi fa

not first! lol.
    ArgonMatrix 10 mesi fa

use the word new so much
    thesimswoohoo 10 mesi fa

Lets GOOO!
    LPfanatic578 10 mesi fa
    Č stato segnalato come spam mostra
    LPfanatic578 10 mesi fa

@LPfanatic578 Queer! :/
    Pokemoncardcollect 10 mesi fa 2

And we have the final incompetent idiot who survives the auto-ban policy! Speaking of which, I vote in favor of tying him up and throwing him into an autobahn. (c wut i did thar?)
    Slowflake 10 mesi fa

Screw that. Two comments for nothing? He's not surviving anymore. Bye bye!
    Slowflake 10 mesi fa 3

@Slowflake i think he did it cuz hes an annoying fuck that thinks its funny
    antonioaquila 10 mesi fa

@Slowflake *chuckles, then bursts into laughter*
    MoisChanVsTamama 8 mesi fa

@LPfanatic578 read the the description
    animexkeronaru 10 mesi fa

@LPfanatic578 facepalm
    jamesbob006 10 mesi fa

@LPfanatic578 how can you Fail so Badly
    djv2448 10 mesi fa

@LPfanatic578 you are a complete idiot for doing this now

give me reasons why people do this.

i am now going to spam this, so i hope you stop being a stupid idiot
    ttoommyy0011 10 mesi fa

@LPfanatic578 did you watch the video. you incomenent fool
    intersectedgaming 10 mesi fa

@LPfanatic578 Go to fucking hell. I'll hang you, while your watching your family get burned, burn your body, feed it to an alligator, burn that, then throw the ashes in to hell, you no lifed assbag
    SBHTV 10 mesi fa

Rispondi

@LPfanatic578 you like being first huh? BANNED!
    VezonicleMaster 10 mesi fa

0 replies since 13/4/2011, 09:34   123 views