Dokokashira door glitch guide: Unused Map 3 (Pokémon Green)

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   -1

A_STARA_STARA_STARA_STARA_STARA_STARA_STAR

Group
    Pokécrediti

Status
    Anonymous

Dokokashira door glitch guide: Unused Map 3 (Pokémon Green)

CITAZIONE
    Read description for more information. A video guide for players who want to travel to an unused map location in Pokémon Green via a unique select bug, which potentially allows the player to warp to any location in the game.

This the final unused, "alternative map location" in Pokémon Red and Green, with a map identifier of AD (173). This map is a slightly different version of the Cinnibar Island PokéMart, using the Cinnibar Island theme as its default soundtrack, rather than the normal Pokémon Center / PokéMart theme in the final game.
    To trigger the exploit (Pokémon Green):
    1) Obtain two items, with Oak's Parcel as the second.
    2) Open the item pack and use the select button on Oak's Parcel
    3) Exit the menu via B,B
    4) Enter a wild Pokémon battle and access the party menu
    5) Press A to "switch the second item with the first Pokémon"
    6) Exit the party menu and enter the fight screen (important to prevent an endless healing loop)
    7) You do not need to defeat the enemy Pokémon and the game will freeze if the opponent uses Growl, so exit the fight screen and select RUN.
    8) The glitch is now exploitable.

Steps for Unused Map 3:
    1) Travel between ~44-47 steps inclusive, landing the final step on the Rival's House door.
    2) From Cycling Road travel northwards to Route 16 (the amount of steps you take to Route 16 does not matter)
    3) When arriving at Route 16 (you will no longer be pushed downhill) count ~52-55 steps, landing the final step in the gatehouse south entrance.
    5) You will arrive in an unused, alternative version of the Cinnibar Island PokéMart.

Important notes:
    1) Entering the FIGHT menu is vital to prevent the game considering that you have no battle-able Pokémon left on the field.
    2) Does not work on some emulators, such as early versions of VisualBoyAdvance. Bgb and VGB Dual are ideal alternatives.
    3) Select bugs have arbitrary nature and they are difficult to predict; this example may not work in later areas of the game.
    Categoria:

Giochi
    Tag:
    dokokashira doko kashira door glitch guide unused map warp pokémon green pocket monsters pokemon select bug bugs glitches

SPOILER (click to view)
    Here's a list of the alternative map identifiers compared with the real ones:

3E: Mt. Moon music rocket house 49: (Final) Cerulean City music rocket house

4A: Vermillion City music Route 6 Underground Path entrance 4B: (Final) Pewter City music Route 6 Underground Path entrance

AD: Cinnibar Island music Cinnibar PokéMart AC: PokéMart music Cinnibar PokéMart.

Why there are two different versions of just these 3 maps I don't know though.
    ChickasaurusGL 6 mesi fa

Rispondi

The values in address DE5E/D2DD basically point to what associated map information to load from the game's ROM itself when you activate it while warping. So the code 01005ED3 would warp you to Pallet Town, 01 to Viridian City and so on.

In this case, 01AD5ED3 strangely warps you to this map playing the wrong music and 01AC5ED3 to the final version playing the normal PokéMart music. What I was trying to do here was set the stored warp to AD, which was a bit annoying.
    ChickasaurusGL 6 mesi fa

@PTMarc33 The music remains constant because they share their own map identifiers, in the map number address (D2DD in Green, or D35E in Red/Blue). I listed all of the map numbers, back in March (search "AreaDex" if you're interested) and these three were the strange 'unused maps' I found but yes I made a mistake on an earlier video saying that one of these maps used its own separate palette, whilst entering a building simply loads the last palette in memory I think I removed that now but thanks.
    ChickasaurusGL 6 mesi fa

Is it possible that theese maps ARE the used maps , the game just loads wrong music and pallet? (But i'm not sure if the people you can see in this map are used in any other mart. Might want to check this...?)
    PTMarc33 6 mesi fa

2. Sangherna
        +1   -1

User deleted

Bello Pokémon Green...
    Chissŕ perché in Italia e in America non č mai uscito....

1 replies since 14/4/2011, 10:43   276 views